Monday, December 23, 2013

FIELD PASS SUNDAY DEC. 22



What a day for football, it felt like summer. Actually it was a little too hot for football. All in all I guess I would rather be getting a tan than frostbitte.

My football buddy Sue Warren, owner of Sue's Cafe on Beach Blvd, near Southside, got me a field pass from a friend. It was good to be on the field with all the players and reporters etc. I met Sue years ago when she worked for the Cafe she now owns. She is a good friend of our whole family. When it appeared that I would not be able to drive Sue volunteered to pick me up and drive to and from the games. Thanks Sue.


One of the first observations I made from being on the field is the field now appears to be really big and the players are giants. When viewing from the stands the field and players look sort of small. Beleive me I felt like I was walking in the Land of Giants.

The first celebraty (locally that is) I saw was Jeff Lageman and sports announcer for Fox News channel 30 Brent Martineau.
. I made the decesion then to just talk to them instead of taking their photo. Beside Jeff was behind the net by the crossbar. I told him how I think he is really doing good in his online programs etc.
Later I got a chance to see Brent Martineau interviewing John Osher of the O-Zone head writer for Jaguars.com.  I also took this time to shake his hand and tell him what a good job he is doing. I love all the new media on the web site. Like I said before us fans need to be fed and Jaguars.com is now doing it.

While standing in line waiting for the players to enter the field I accidently caught Shad Kahn on camera. Look fast he's at the very start of the video. Later he came back the same way and I got to shake his hamd and tell him he is doing good for us and Jacksonville. This time it was no accident I got his picture (at least from the chin down)  but I was more interested in looking him in the eye and shaking his hand. 
You know I have been a photographer since way back in the Navy but these new fangled camera phones I'm not use to, at least that's my excuse. 
Here is the O Line warm up  from the field they look like GIANTS. 
The man of the hours. Meester. 

The north end zone MY HOME today and next year. 

and the game?  oh yes.....WE LOST AGAIN. 








No comments:

Post a Comment