Sunday, June 13, 2010

TACKLING BASICS ?

Mil Tucker Defensive Coordinator talks. I'm sorry but this guy doesn't give me any confidence. Shouldn't all the plays already know how to tackle? Head position, angles, wrapping up etc. Sorry Mel but you don't make me feel better. He is just like most of the modern day coaches; well spoken and politically correct. What has happened to the traditionally coach that tells it like it is. I'm tired of this soft soap talk.

I want a coach that spits when he talks and has tobacco juice running down his chin. I want want that curses a little and kicks the dirt and even grabs a playing once in awhile. I don't want one that sounds and appears like he's running for some office.

Mel said they have competition at all positions....I don't think so...who is challenging "flag football" Reggie Nelson?
Early in his talk he only slightly mentioned the secondary. Only saying there would be tighter coverage with linebackers helping? It almost like saying the front 4 will have to stop the run by themselves?
Give a listen.....oh by the way...I wish he wouldn't have said "Stop the run on the way to the QB" Daaah

No comments:

Post a Comment