Saturday, June 12, 2010

COMPETITION AT KEY POSITIONS

Here's what has been bothering me for the last month or so. It seems like there will be no more players coming in to compete at some of the key positions.

There are three very weak positions on this team, as I see it. QB, SS, and WR. Why haven't they got some good players to come in to compete at these positions? It's as if Wayne Weaver has said "Just go with what you have and make it work."

Well what we have will not work. David is not a starting QB that can win. Think back even with protection he can't get the ball deep or to receivers on a timing type pattern. He can't get the ball out quick enough and he can't read defenses or he doesn't know how to change the call.

Simms-Walker who is he? He is average at the best. If he does come on this year, so we have one receiver? Why didn't we go out and get TO? Or why didn't Tory Holt stay on? You know why. Tory didn't want to tarnish his record.

SS or any Safety is needed. Who do we have? Reggie Nelson? Everyone knows he can't play. I think they have a limit set for draft choices that don't work out, I figure he's on his last year, but why even let him play? Please dump him now.

OK I know that we have a good looking TE in Zach Miller and Mike Thomas can catch pretty good and our offensive star Jones-Drew can catch and run, but they are not WR's and also by the way forget Marcedes Lewis, I have.

With all of this known now what kind of a team will we have? We will have what they hope to have and that is a ball control team. Short passes and run the ball and hope the defense can hold. They have about 200 linebackers now so I guess that will help?

The trouble with this is; The other teams will have WR's and in the last minute they will throw the bomb and beat us.

The Jaguars are what we thought they were.
Am I too negative? Maybe right now but I will be there for the next 3 years just like I have for the last ten years.
If you have an opinion write a comment or email me....but show me your season tickets first.


No comments:

Post a Comment