Tuesday, June 15, 2010

BEST JAGUARS NEWS

You want more good reporting on the Jaguars? Go to the Times-Union web site. Jacksonville.com and check out their stories.

I went on the Jaguars site for news and the most recent story is about Special Teams. The story on Jaguars.com written by their reporter is so much different than the story on Jacksonville.com that you can plainly see the slant. Not only that but the newspaper site has more photos, videos and better comments. The newspaper site is an easier read.Black on White is alone better for reading.

Here is the link to the Times-Union page on Special Teams
I like the video of the ST's coach Purnell. He's my kind of coach who tells it like it is. Seems to be a no nonsense kind of guy.

I recommend the Times_Union site. Join up and make comments there. The facebook and Jags site are not for me. I check them just to see what's the talk, but for the details, story line videos and opinions I go to http://jacksonville.com/jaguars
I know that NEWS is not the business of the Jaguars, but they should do a better job of presenting their PRODUCT. A better designed web site easier to read with much more videos.There is so much that goes into selling the TRADE NAME and I think the Jags are trying better than before, but they have a long way to go. I'll certainly point out things they need to do.

Here is just one. A professional team should have a professional announcer on game day, not someones cousin who forgets what down it is or even the players name. How much more would it cost to pay a better person with more personality? Think of some of the flavor and characters of sports who captivated the city and made people want to come to a game. I don't mean a guy that shouts and screams but one that knows the game and is exciting to listen to.
Just don't hire Bryan Sexton for the job...I already want you to replace him too. He has a good voice and may be knowledgeable, but he has no flavor man...he's total Vanilla.

I think that Mr. Weaver put the whole thing together like he would his corporate shoe company. Mr.
Weaver this isn't a shoe company, it's sports, fans,and emotions. I have never cried because the shoe I wanted was sold out.

No comments:

Post a Comment