Tuesday, September 3, 2013

TAKING THE PULSE

GUS BRADLEY has his finger on the pulse of the Jaguars along with Dave Caldwell and it shows in every interview.
I really like this guy. He speaks "coach speak" like no other coach I have heard before. Gus seems to know every player really well, well enough to discuss it openly. 
There is no politician that I can see in this man at all. He is a breath of fresh air. With the first loss we will all see how he changes if he does. I don't think he will change and get defensive like so many coaches. I believe that he will simply state what went wrong and why even if it reflects on the coaching. 
I've said it before and I believe it is not "business as usual" of defending players and circumstances but calling what it is and then finding other players  or coaches to perform better. 
For example the signing of 7 of the waver wire after the 53 was thought to be intact. This really shows attention to detail and going after something a grade higher than what you settled on. Maybe there is only a .10 faster speed or a .30 more experience, whatever this was a truly BOLD move and speaks volumes for the desire to get better. 

I'll be there to lead the team out.....sort of.... when we open with KC, which by the way should be an interesting game seeing that both had bad seasons last year and have new coaches etc. 

GO JAGS

No comments:

Post a Comment