Sunday, August 4, 2013

Saturday Night Scrimmage



Well I'm back and so are the Jaguars. I was surprised at the crowd that showed up for the event. So were the stadium folks and of course the food vendors. More on that later.

The fans here are hungry for football. Good hard playing football. Mr. Kahn knows that. I believe he doesn't just go into a deal hoping to make money, but knowing he will make money and a difference. I give him the credit for such a good turn out of fans last night. His vision and believability is catching.

I notice that Head Coach Bradley dropped a nickname on Dannard Robinson, and I like it and I bet it catches on. D Rob.  OK!  Ace Sanders must be the real thing to keep making flashes like he does.

The only down side was the food vendors and stadium personal. Well meaning folks with up beat spirits but never prepared. The vendors in the South End Zone where almost everyone gathers before the game were totally overwhelmed with food orders. It was like a Mc Donads at lunch time except 100 times worse. One reason was the Bud Lite Zone was closed for a Gator Bowl Party or sorts. Bad decision to close the escalators. This crowd was early and hungry.  I felt bad for the workers even though I made them take back my fish and chips and give me a burger. It smelled like fish but a fish that had been lying on the shore for a week. This is not like Sea Best who are great folks and have good products. Even though it may be awhile before I order fish and chips again. Oh yeas and they didn't have Malt Vinegar?????.

Get rid of the picture you have of JAX as a brown bagging town or hick country folks. We love our Football and we love our Food. No one Carry's a lunch bag here. Maybe in NY or D.C. or Chicago they take some Lite meal to work and microwave it but not here. Why even kids here order pulled pork or a jumbo Hot Dog.

Warning to all food vendors at Everbank Field! Don't be understaffed or ill prepared for Friday Night. Fans will be wanting some Dolphin to eat.



No comments:

Post a Comment