Sunday, August 18, 2013

GABBERT METER SETS NEW HIGH MARK

I think that everyone was pleased with Blaine's performance if not a little surprised too.  I was surprised and now have hopes of him making it.  Still too early to think that way? Maybe but I have found out a few things while watching Gabbert for a few years now.

If Gabbert was a two sport guy in college it must have been football and baseball. Right?  I say this because he doesn't know how to juke anyone,as you do in basketball in order to get a pass or a shot off. So I've come up with a new training regiment for Blaine. 

The first other sport we are going have him practice twice a week is Boxing "The Sweet Science" Just like a guard in basketball you have to learn to bob and weave. This is pocket awareness that he needs. Doing this while keeping his eyes on the target or targets. 

Here is Blaine learning from Gus.

Now combine this with a couple of hours per week playing basketball with his teammates and Blaine playing the guard position trying to feed the guys the ball. 
Blaine you see this move? This will keep your arm from being hit and prevent you from hitting your thumb. PLAY BALL.  
P.S.  I really like what I saw last night and I love the tempo they played at.  GO JAGS  keep up the good work. 


No comments:

Post a Comment