Tuesday, January 3, 2012

OPEN LETTER TO MR. KAHN


Mr. Kahn here are some things I would like to suggest. I understand that I am only a fan,but I have been a fan since 1957 the year I graduated from high school.  I have seen more football then some of the coaches today have and I have seen things that work and things that don't.

I don't know how you can implement the feeling that the fans are like stock holders but that is a goal that will pay off big. Everyone says that the players have to "buy into the vision" and that's correct but don't forget the fans have to buy into the plan also. The fan needs to feel like he is really a part of the team. We need to keep the 30/30 plan and maybe even add a 100/100 plan. I would buy into that. The fans need a voice and to know that that voice is being heard at the TOP.

The Jaguars really have no tradition yet and we are in need of something unique to our organization. Of course a WINNING tradition would be first on all of our list but after that we need something else. Taking the best from college football and adding it to the pro game could be a marching band. I went to the Gator Bowl yesterday and the atmosphere of a band just goes with football. Mr. Marshall understood this when he started the Redskins band. I would sponser a seat and I'm sure that others would do the same. Maybe Kahn Bumpers would sponser a band. Yes...Kahn's Bumper Band including the D-Line would be nice.

Now my thinking on a Head Coach. I beleve if you keep Gene Smith then you should give Mel Tucker a 3 year stint to go along with Smith's contract. this is not my choice however. I would not keep Gene Smith because he was involved in all the bad draft choices too. Yes he found a couple of good ones but the odds are he would. what ever happens in the next few years will be blamed on him. the real problem with keeping Smith is the Head Coach and GM relationship is critical. To ask a coach to come in under a GM that he may not favor is a gamble. the HC / GM should be one in person or act as one person. This opinion has no bearing on Mr. Tucker.

In the upcoming draft we must get some quality WR's as everyone knows. I suggest that we also draft a QB or two, because I am far from sold on Gabbert. Gabbert to me is not an athlete. He stumbles and bumbles and looks like he is scared to death of getting hit.
Compare to other rookis this year he is by far the worst. Maybe he's a good practice player in that case we can keep him for just that purpose. You need a tough guy for QB. Despite some of his short falls Garrard was a tough guy and maybe you remember that Joe Thiesman returned punts and kickoffs to get on the field with the Skins.

Every fan I know is excited and hopeful that you Mr. Kahn will be a great owner and give us something special to celeb

No comments:

Post a Comment