Friday, January 14, 2011

CONTINUITY


Continuity that is the reason to keep Tucker and Koetter. I believe that we have missed that in past years with coaches leaving or being fired. JDR has gone through too much of this and I for one want the team to stay together one more year. There is a lot to be said for continuity and if you look at some of the good teams they have keep everyone in the fold.
Gene and Jack did a great job of getting the players to be a TEAM and now maybe they can improve what they had instead of having to learn a new system from a new coach.
Listen I have many doubts about this team and I picked them to go 8 / 8 last year in June. This year I am picking them to go 9 / 7 here in Jan. I may change that again in June or July depending on the draft and training camp to 10 / 6, any record above this will be wonderful. Hopefully it will be enough to get us into the play-offs.
It's strange that I'm writing this because I have been one of JDR and his coaching staffs biggest critics. 
Anyway I'm in for another year with bright spots being Special Teams. New play makers with another year of experience namely Jennings, Hill, Lewis, Alualu, Knighton, Cox and maybe Zack Miller. Oh yeah and the return of Kampman. 
I could end up wrong and disappointed, but then it wasn't my decision to keep Jack anyway. All I can do is go with it and try to hope for something positive.
If they do good and get into maybe even the second round the I wouls say they may even do better the next year.
Look for an update after the draft and free agency. 





No comments:

Post a Comment