Monday, December 13, 2010

THAT'S WHY YOU PLAY THE GAME!

That's why you play the game. You play to win the game as Herm Edwards once said. The folk's at NFL Network and their followers would have the Jaguars already out of contention before they even play any games. Well NFL Network the Jaguars played the game and they won and they won without T. Brady or Peyton Manning or any of your other darlings. While the NFL was telling us how great the Pats are and kept showing meaningless replays of Brady passing to wide open receivers in the snow (over and over and over and over) there was a real game being played in Jacksonville (yes Jacksonville that little hick town in the south) that was a real game. A close game with all kinds of action and ups and downs.A look at the scoreboard shows you what it was all about.
We have had a lot of good exciting games this year. We have had enough good wins to offset the loses that we had a home. These kind of hang in there victories make you a believer again. If you look back at my blog posts earlier in the season you could see that I had given up on Garrard and Del Rio. Maybe it was my advise that turned them around....NOT...I think that some how Del Rio got a message to the team. Maybe that they should not try to do more than their own job and not try to do other guys work. Maybe he told them if you do exactly what we tell you to do you will be OK. I don't know but I think that somehow they got the fundamentals down and when they get away from them they find a way to return to basics. What ever the message they are PLAYING AS A TEAM and you can tell it.
What a great position to be in. Next Sunday we get to play for all the marbles against one to the Darlings of the NFL the Colts. Not many teams get to be in this position and we should really enjoy it and soak it in. We know we can beat Indy so it's not out of range of possible. If the Jags play smart right from the start, instead of waiting until they realize they are off track, it will be a win for sure.
Here are some more photos and videos from the game for those who didn't buy tickets because the Jags were not winning enough or for what ever reason. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE. You have to go to the game just like the players have to play the game. That's when things happen. BE THERE !'
A couple of Oakland fans.....yes they are crying.
This couple were the only ones sitting at the great finish. I asked them if they were happy. It was hard to tell. They were reading the scoreboard reports of other games. While every one was dancing and shouting they just sat there. Cute!
On the other side of me these guys were celebrating.
The mascot Jackson DeVille walking on the wall right in front of me 

Jackson getting ready to be lifted up to the next level by the fans. In the start of the fourth quarter. 


There he goes!
Up Up and Away.
I thought I was going to get a GREAT video here when we sacked the Raider's QB and "Pot Roast" No. 96 picked up the ball and ran it in for a TD but as the play progressed the fans started jumping a screaming and I got hit and almost knocked down by my good friend who got excited. You can see I almost go the play with my cheap little camera. The score didn't count because of a helmet to helmet penalty .
Pre game photos the first is of my favorite Defensive players 93 Alualu and 96 Terrance Knighton alias "Pot Roast:" More pregame shots including the view from my seat NEXT.
Running backs Maurice Jone-Drew   DRRRREEEWWWWW and the best blocking full back in the league Greg Jones.
#35 Deji Karim a great kick return to set up our winning TD.
View from my seat.
OK and now for the 'TAIL END"

Thanks for viewing my blog. GO JAGUARS !

1 comment:

  1. good job Sarj...did you freeze your bun off? hal

    ReplyDelete