Sunday, October 10, 2010

WIN / LOSE / LOGICAL / EMOTIONAL

OK so here is how I think and feel. It was a great day today for two reasons. Reason number one the JAGUARS WON.  Reason no. 2 the COWBOYS LOST.  I know , I know because the Titans are on our division I am suppose to hope the Cosboys win. OH NO never even though it makes sense in my mind I can't help it. I hate the Cowboys. To explain this is easy. I was a Redskins fan for 33 years while I lived in the D,C. area. Sure it makes sense for the Titans to lose but not to the Cowboys......I don't want anyone to lose to the Cowboys and I can't change that.

I'm happy our Jaguars won and I'm going to take it easy on their game plan ....no I'm not. I have to say they go run up the middle too much. I have been saying this forever even when Tom C. was coach. They run this play way to often. I wish I could count the plays that go for 1 yard up the gut. Maybe if someone would pay me I would keep track. I don't care what their reason is for this play, the fact is it is a wasted play. I don't believe in wasting plays. Honestly now, don't tell me it sets up something else. Don't even try to say that. It's a wasted play and if they do it 7 times a game ....that's 7 wasted plays. Someone some place can put that into an equation that would show the percentage of bad plays and this would have to be added to that since it is only a yard gain most of the time. That's not all , too many plays are in the middle of the defense. The defense plays us that way

They Jags offense collapses into an inverted V so the defense has only a small area to attack. The reason the Jags were more effective agains the Colts was because they rolled out and showed option type  plays which spreads the field.  Get it?  Want to catch a rabbit? Chase him into a dead end trap. Try to catch a snake the same way...he slithers away to the left or right.. One man can catch a rabbit but it takes 3 or more to catch a snake. JACK AM I GETTING THROUGH TO YOU MAN?


DAVID GARRARD'S WIFE GETS INTO THE EAR OF THE COACHES?
GUS JOHNSON of  CBS SPORTS
In my last post I told of how friends tried to give me credit for getting the Jags to use David the way he should be used. Rollouts, options, and just plain running plays. I said that someone closer must have gotten into their ear. Well it turns out that according to Gus Johnson the play by play guy on CBS today it was Mrs. Garrard who told David and the coaches (not sure on this) that to LET DAVID BE DAVID and stop trying to win games from the pocket. She said David is a good runner and he should roll out more and option more. NOW WHERE HAVE I HEARD THAT BEFORE? 

Can anyone verify this story....the whole story? Gus said something about some laughing at thie suggestion too. I get back to you if I hear any more on this. INTERESTING .  How do I email Johnson

The silo is not Mrs. Garrard..just to represent the story. I couldn't find a photo of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment