Saturday, August 7, 2010

RUN DAVID RUN.....RUN DAVID RUN....


After watching the scrimmage last night at Everbank Field I was more convinced than ever that David is too slow to throw and too slow to run. The safe bet in that case is to run. RUN DAVID RUN....RUN DAVID RUN.....RUN DAVID RUN....Maybe they can plug this in to hie ear piece or maybe it can get stuck in his head like a song. I'll be chanting this from the third row so maybe he will hear and it will activate his feet?

I'm trying to make my case that David Garrard should run the ball more to take some pressure off the rush. Below is an article from New England coach Bill Belichich.

"Oh, my God, yeah," coach Bill Belichick said. "I'd say he's probably the best runner we've seen this year. Because he can run, but he can also break tackles and cut back and avoid people. He's tough to bring down in the pocket; a lot of people bounce off him. He's like a sixth receiver for them. On third down, you've really got to account for him." Click on link below to read the full article.

I know that they do have some designed plays for him, but he is going to do the best when he decides on his own to run. He is slow to decide to throw and he is slow to run. Somehow they should encourage him to run more. He is an excellent runner.

Join me in the battle cry "RUN DAVID RUN....RUN DAVID RUN.....
If it does nothing else it may put the defense to rush with caution? maybe ?



No comments:

Post a Comment