Monday, December 12, 2011

HEAD COACH CHOICES



I really like Mel Tucker and I hope he gets a chance. He's a down to earth kind of guy and that's good with me.
I think that the players want to play for him and that is a lot of the battle.

I know everyone wants a winning coach with a record, but that doesn't guarantee anything. Look at Joe Gibbs for example.
Take the Jags this year was coaching the result of a good defense or was it players?

Yes we need good coaches but for a head coach it is not so much what he teaches but how well he motivates and leads. He's like the CEO and the supervisors are the assistant coaches.

Give him a chance to choose assistants and try for a few years. Wholesale change is not really good right now and I'm afraid of what will happen if some big name comes in. Take the Redskins with Shanahan as another example.

Gene Smith has a new contract for 3 years so Mel should follow suit, otherwise there will be a conflict with any new coach (of repute) and we don't need that.

Look at Pittsburgh they keep people in the fold and we should learn from that. Look at the good years of Dallas, New England, NY, and others. They built and kept a core of players.

Remember we jumped to quick to fire Tom C. and look what we got.

If Gene Smith was to leave also I might change my mind on Mel, but I don't see that happening.

I don't want a political correct person as head coach. I want a common sense guy that gets what he needs from players and coaches.

Believe me I WANT TO WIN, and I have sat there for too many years hoping to have some fun winning games. I feel that keeping Mel Tucker is the best answer at this time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment