Thursday, June 17, 2010

BILLBOARDS

Just when I start to get a little excited about the Jags the rug is pulled out from under me. Today on the radio I heard that they were going to restrict scrimmage's to season ticket holders only. I'm all for that but it may have a bad side too.
This franchise is trying to build a fan base, whether they know it or not. Sometimes I don't think they know it. I have been saying for months now that Jags front office, namely marketing is preaching to the choir. The marketing people are only getting the word out to sports fans, season ticket holder, sports radio listeners,and those that check the web for info on the Jaguars. NO ONE OUTSIDE OF THIS CIRCLE KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT THE JAGUARS, THE GREAT TICKET DEALS.
I have told a lot of folks about the 30/30 deal that I took advantage of and they had no idea that the Jags were offering deals like that.
Has Mr. Weaver ever heard about BILLBOARDS, BUSES, NEWSPAPER INSERTS? What the Jaguars need is a MEDIA BLITZ. They should have done it years ago and they have to keep it up until they create tons of interest and a FAN BASE.
How else can they sell a 22nd or 24th ranked team to the public? Winning will help but to get the stadium packed year after year they have to sell sell sell there BRAND.

This feeling that they are not doing the job of selling this team trickles down to feelings that they are not fielding the team they should too. The whole thing comes down to management and marketing.
Maybe next week I'll see some CITY BUSES painted with Jaguar images and announcing ticket deals, or maybe I'll see BILLBOARDS all over the city.
The best term for the this dilemma is the newest term going around lately. THE JAGUARS ARE DISCONNECTED FROM THE CITY AND PUBLIC.

No comments:

Post a Comment